Cedar Plank Salmon
This is a delicious version of a grilled salmon using cedar planks that have been soaked in water overnight to add smokiness and flavor to a favorite fish.
- 1 untreated cedar plank (14x7x1 inch)
- 1/2 cup Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 salmon fillet (2 lb.), 1 inch thick
- Immerse and soak the plank in water for at least 4 hours, placing a weight on top of the plank to keep it submerged.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Mix dressing, parsley and tomatoes and set aside.
- Brush the top of the cedar plank with oil, then place the salmon on the plank.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon. (This actually helps to reduce
fishy" taste for those that don't like that)
- Place plank, with salmon, on the grill and close the grill lid.
- Grill for about 10 minutes as salmon changes color, watch for creamy white appearance on sides for doneness.
- Brush at least once with dressing mixture and continue to grill until salmon flakes with fork.
- If plank starts to char, reduce heat or cut grill off, salmon will continue to cook just fine, if a little slower.